INFO & TIPS FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
TUTORKAMI.COM'S FUNCTION & ROLE
1. TutorKami role is ONLY as a matchmaker between parents/students who are looking for a home tutor, and the tutor who are interested to teach the student. The home tutors who are registered with this website are freelancers and they are NOT our employees. TutorKami will not be responsible should any of the private tutor recommended by us committed any wrongdoings or misdemeanors. On our part, we will do our best to screen them and ensure they are genuine private tutors before recommending any of them to you, If you feel that you would like to take extra precautions before hiring a tutor, for example by asking a copy of the tutor's IC or passport for cross-checking, please inform us and we will notify the interested tutors chosen by you.
1. Rate of payment for a tutor is usually on an hourly basis. For example, a tutor teaching SPM subject can charge between RM 50 - RM 80 per hour for private tutoring.
2. Senior or tutors with more experience can charge higher than market rate. The rates for less experienced tuition teachers can be lower, but that does not mean they are less good.
3. Rates are varied for each tutor, depending on a tutor’s experience, the distance from a tutor's place to a student’s house,and the subject taught.Please call us to find out more.
EVALUATING & HIRING TUTORS
2. New tutors usually do not have testimonials, but that does not mean that they are less good. Some parents prefer to hire young tutors for home tuition because they can relate better with the students as the age gap is much smaller.
3. Evaluate the tutor during the first session. If for some reason you are not satisfied with a tutor’s performance, just ask us to introduce another tutor, and you won’t have to pay the former tutor. You only start paying from the first lesson if you are satisfied and would like to continue hiring the tutor for the upcoming lessons.
1. All payments are to be paid directly to TutorKami.com. Our staff will assist you regarding this.
2. If you need a receipt, please mention it to our staff and they will issue it for you.